mardi 25 mai 2010

To Cyrus Sibert - Journaliste, from Nate Nickerson Director of KOMBIT SANTE.

Dear Mr. Sibert,

Thank you for contacting me. I know that you have received much of your information about Konbit Sante so far from Mr. Paul Kendrick, and I appreciate your interest in understanding our position. As a journalist, I know you realize the importance of understanding the whole picture. Your e-mail gives me the opportunity to clarify a couple of things. No staff-member or volunteer of Konbit Sante has ever defended or supported the actions of Douglas Perlitz. We unequivocally abhor child abuse in all of its forms. While we know the two people you mentioned in your e-mail, because they have worked and volunteered with other NGOs in the area, neither of them has ever been a volunteer or employed by Konbit Sante. I cannot comment on what they may or may not have written in a letter, because we weren't involved.

I have attached a letter sent to Mr. Kendrick by the President of our Board of Directors, Mr. Hugh Tozer. I am not sure if you have seen it yet, but I think it explains our position well.

I would be happy to have a private meeting with you to discuss anything you would like to know about our work here. You are certainly also free to talk to anyone here that we have been working with for the past nine years. We are transparent, and have nothing to hide.

Please let me know when would be a good time to talk to you.

Best regards,

Nate Nickerson

Nathan Nickerson RN, DrPH

Executive Director

Konbit Sante

US: 207-347-6733

Haiti: 509-3918-3607

email:nnickerson@konbitsante.org

web site: www.konbitsante.org

From: Reseau Citadelle - Cyrus Sibert [mailto:reseaucitadelle@yahoo.fr]

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 6:04 PM

To: Info@konbitsante.org

Subject: To Nate Nickerson, from Cyrus Sibert haitian journalist.

Dear Kombit Sante's responsible,

I heard that you will be at Cap-Haitian for about one month. I would like to have in interview with you about Kombit Sante, his project at Justinien Hospital, the implication of two members of your organization Jessica Lozier and Nick Preneta who are defending Douglas Perlitz and the position of Kombit Sante regarding the position of the 2 members whom signed the letter in support of Doug a criminal wanted by Haitian justice.

As you could imagine, the victims are living in a very difficult way, with no support, no resources. Your organization never does anything to support them in this difficult situation. As I know health is perceived in a very large view, not only medical care, we would like to understand your position face to the victims. We want to be sure that you are not running the same policy of people who prefer to abandon the victims in solidarity with the abuser.

I would like to have in interview with during your staying at Cap-Haitian. I would like to understand your position.

Tel: 3686-9669

I would like to be sure that your organization it not with the abuser.

Cyrus Sibert

Aucun commentaire: